Saturday, December 6, 2008

Little Adoption Advocate

Well...if you want to convince people to consider a special needs child for adoption, just go a prospective parent orientation and bring your newly adopted child!

Georgiy did wonderful. They had a couch for us right in front of the rows of people. Little guy got up and decided to hug every single person in the front row, all his own idea. People were just floored. Hard not to fall in love with him!!!

We talked about our experience in Ukraine, and about Reeces's Rainbow. We explained what happens to special needs kids when they age out of the baby house. And people were listening! One couple especially was very interested and spoke with us at length at the end of the presentation.

At the end of the orientation the owner of the agency asked us to help them find more families who want to adopt special needs. We agreed to help in whatever way we can. I also suggested they ask Andrea if they can add a link to RR on their website.

All in all it was great to be able to show people how wonderful a child with a disability is and how much he IS able to do!

And having said that, Georgiy did something this afternoon that I have been waiting over 6 weeks for....he repeatedly called me "mama"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!For the first time!!!!I got big slobber kisses and a huge hug with that. Yup, I am excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, how wonderful that he called you mama :heart swelling: he sounds like such a wonderful little boy, so much love...I'm so glad that God picked you guys for his forever family

amyl4 said...

Bless his heart! I can just see him hugging everyone, how sweet!
Amy

Mike and Gail said...

Ahhh! I can see the smile on your heart. :)

In nije dei, live

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed