Today was not my day. Or rather, it was not the day of the dude who thought he was going to play a trick at 7-Eleven.
I am fairly sure that my reaction to his stupidity fell somewhere on the Spectrum of the Seven Deadly Sins. Or almost.
The day started with me regretting an act of kindness.That must be a sin too I bet, regretting an act of kindness. What kind of Christian failure regrets an act of kindness??
Me.
Sign me up for extra credit somewhere some other day....mmmmkay?
I know acts of charity are supposed to be a thing for good Catholics. Since I was a reluctant new convert from 2007, I am not so very up to date with all the things I should know. But someone needed to borrow a cell phone, and since that someone was a teenager I figured loaning him my Metro PCS phone with unlimited minutes was the wise thing to do. Right?
So my phone is not being returned. This is hugely inconvenient, because I have all my phone numbers in there. I am also really annoyed, because we asked for it back several times and promises were made to drop it off that were not kept.
On the way to school this morning, while grumbling about my phone, I decided to stop at 7 Eleven for a 99 cent coffee. Pulled out the handy dandy travel mug and walked to the door.
Lo and behold ,some guy thought it was really funny to jump at me from behind a car and yell "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" in my face. Young man dressed in gold speckled weird modern attire with an attitude to match then decided to also toss a rock at me. Why? The world may never know.
This young man was of course not aware that in the summer of 2007 I was attacked on our street by another young man who had been very high on something or other at the time and was swinging at me in his drug induced rage for helping his freshly battered girlfriend. This incident left me very shook up for a long time. When the young man today decided to pull his oh-so-funny prank, he had no idea he was dipping into a an ugly well of Bad Experience.
I nearly lost my mind. I completely lost rationality for sure. In this day and age, it is not wise to confront people but that is exactly what I did. And not gracefully either. I turned to him and yelled :" What is WRONG with you!!! Who do you think you are tossing rocks at me! (he is walking away wide eyed, he did not expect that at all! )Get over here boy, let me deal with you, I have so had it with people acting stupid around here! ...etc etc etc.I am walking in his direction while he BAILS.... I have no idea what came over me. It was nothing to be proud of, for sure. I cleaned it up for the readers here.
I went in, bought my coffee, while a bunch of construction workers are grinning at me ear to ear because of course that was a pretty interesting sight. In the meantime, my 16 year old man-child has left the van and is standing in the parking lot because the young man with his rock was apparently lingering around and making faces. Now he has messed with my son's mama. And my boy is making it very clear that no more nonsense will be tolerated here. Big Boy is 6 feet tall and weights 220 pounds. Young Man did not approach again. You know....I like having teenage sons...
So we get back in the van and my son says something to the effect that the prankster is coming back this way making faces.
I have never ever turned a full size G20 van around so fast in my whole life, while yelling:" I am giving him a 20 second head start and then he will be tossing rocks from my wheel wells!!!!!!!" The teenage girls in the car were laughing so hard they were crying.
Like I said. Christian Behavior FAIL.
The coffee, however, was great.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment