Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Six truths about me

Christine Reed (Smiles and Trials) started this on her blog, and I thought it was a cool idea. I decided to post my anwers here as well. Feel free to post 6 truths about yourself also, either in the comments or on your own blog.

Six truths about me:

1) I became a US citizen in 2005, and yet I feel just as much a foreigner now as I did before I was sworn in. I don't think I will ever feel like I fit in in America. Going to Ukraine was much like going home for me, it felt more familiar

2)I weigh too much and it is because I eat too much and do not exercise enough.

3) I don't think I have really come to terms with the nine miscarriages I have had since my tubal reversal. I am turning 40 next week and I am very sad that it is not likely my husband and I will ever have a biological child together. It is hard because I feel like that is my fault for having had my tubes tied during my first marriage. I still feel guilty.

3)I love coffee way more than is healthy.

4)I really dislike speaking Dutch now, even though I still can speak it quite well even after 20 years in the US.

5) I miss leading worship with my whole heart and soul. Wish I had an opportunity again.

6) I spend too much time on the computer

3 comments:

amyl4 said...

I always try and think of what may have not happened if something did not happen as I had hoped. If I never lost Roma in Ukraine, then I would not have Elijah today. He is a miracle to me and I would go through it all again to have the same outcome and bring him home. God's plan for you was Georgiy and maybe God has more planned for your family when it comes to children. I know you know all this, I am just trying to give you some kind of hope and a hug today!
Amy

Hi, I'm Alysha -But you can call me Lysh said...

I can totally relate to number 3! Yum!! COFFEE! :)

junglemama said...

I love ya!

Thanks for the comments about circumcision. You bring up some very good points. I will be making further comments if you want to join in.

In nije dei, live

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed