Today we took Georgiy in for his first checkup. This is a new doctor for us, and a very laid back one. He was so sweet with him. He grabbed Hannah's doll and checked the dollie's ear first, then Georgiy's. He did the whole exam that way. Apparently a few of the health issues that we were told Georgiy has are not present at all!! And that includes the "functional heart murmur". No such thing. Yay!!!! Other than his cold, he got a clean bill of health. He did not feel the need to do any testing at this time.
There was a woman in the waiting room who fell in love with Georgiy. She told me she had a sister with Down Syndrome, but she had to take her off life support a few years ago (I did not ask why). She sat there looking at our little man, and then walked over and gave me a big hug, thanking me for blessing this child by adopting him. I told her WE were the blessed ones. She was very touched by him and meeting him today made her day. She made mine...I was touched by her kindness and by her willingness to be vulnerable with a complete stranger.

3 comments:
Hi
We adopted 7 years ago and inadvertently started Andrea on her road to RR by introducing her to Daniel - he was at my daughter's orphanage and had Down.
many of the kids who have been adopted would have been dead by now. 2 of the boys with Down that I saw in January 2006 are dead - after the transfer to the institution - I cried for days. I am not a religious person but I do believe that we all have to live with our decisions and actions - and you and your family truly have made a wonderful choice and I commend you for your strength, courage and love.
Hugs
Lynn
What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.
Joy,RR
It is amazing the people GOd get us in touch with.
Post a Comment