I am having a blast. Georgiy is THE easiest little guy I have ever cared for. Even easier than Abby, our last foster baby who was 2 and basically the same size and development level as he is now.
We did not expect to get a "baby". I mean...he will be 5 in December! But in size and development, he is truly still a baby.
Wanna know a secret?
I am loving it.
He smiles, cuddles, loves everyone and is almost always happy. He rarely whines anymore and the tantrums are far and few between. He is such a determined little man. Sitting at the dinner table with us last night he had a baby fork and with the help of one of his eager brothers, learned to eat with that fork. It must have been fustrating for him, but you know what? He focused and tried and tried, until he learned how!!! He is so smart!!
This morning his big brother Jay brought him down from his crib. The sight of this very tiny 27 lb person being carried on the arms of his nearly 16 year old, 190 lb, 6 ft 2 brother still chokes me up regularly. It is amazing to think that he went from having no family at all to having 4 big brothers and a big sister. It melts my heart to watch these huge teens care for their tiny brand new brother. How lucky we all are to be blessed to be allowed to raise Georgiy.
On a silly note, there was no milk his morning. I like my coffee and I like it with milk. Well guess what? PediaSure (vanilla flavor) tastes great in coffee. So now you know.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In nije dei, live
Followers
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(65)
-
▼
October
(18)
- Question
- Blue Light Special
- Video...
- Baby's got rythm
- Oh baby
- PICS!
- We are HOME!!!!!
- I apologize for not posting many pics. Our interne...
- Soooo....like I said, we are at the hotel with Geo...
- He is OUT!!!!
- He remembered.
- Oh YAY!!!!
- Some more photos
- We have our work cut out for us
- Sunday Morning and another victim.....
- Some questions for veteran DS moms
- Much fun.
- Homesick
-
▼
October
(18)

4 comments:
Hi! We have been following your blog since it said on RR that Georgie had found his forever family. The moment I saw his picture, I wanted to adopt him. But you found him, so we have now been watching your journey. He is so precious! I am a special needs consultant working part time with children with DS and my nephew is 5 and also has DS. My husband's name is George, and we were looking for an older child.....and well, we are SO very happy that Georgie got such a wonderful, loving family! We have 2 teenage girls, so Georgie would have been surrounded by girls here!! He is so lucky to have his big brothers. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Susan in Boston
Anna, I could tell he was tiny when I saw him in the sink. I'm glad the adjustment is going well. Our Caleb is also a very 'easy' guy to care for.
Joy,RR
Oh my gosh I love reading your blog and being allowed to follow such an intimate relationship unfold! I bet little Georgie is in heaven enjoying you and his new family as much as all of you are enjoying him~He's just a doll! He has such a vibrant smile and I'm just so happy you all found eachother. Isn't God good in how he lines things up for us when we're least expecting it? Following your blog just makes me long for our little guy all the more!! Can't wait for our Nika to come home.
I am so happy for you! He is such an adorable little boy! You are going to be rewarded many times over watching your little guy grow up. I'll have to remember that, pediasure in my coffee:):)
Amy
Post a Comment