Soooo....like I said, we are at the hotel with Georgie. It is not easy having a 6 year old and a child who is basically still a toddler in a small hotel room, but we are hanging in there. I would kill for a crib right about now, just for my peace of mind.
We wandered around town a bit today and saw a beautiful church. We walked around it some, looking at the building.We never went inside. I made sure both Hannah and I wore our jacket hoods so we would not offend. There was a old man who stood and stared at Georgie for a while. Then he began ranting at me and kept pointing at my son. It did not take me long to figure out that he was obviously less than pleased with the presence of Georgie. He would not back off, even after Isaac told him clearly in Russian that we did not speak or understand any Russian. He actually got in my face (like, 2 inches close!) while ranting and pointing.
It unsettled me. This was on church grounds. My son was the only person in our little family who could understand what was being said.I doubt it was much good.
I am so ready to go home. My son is not wanted here. Please pray for a smooth process next week as we wait for the passport to arrive and get a visa. Thank you.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In nije dei, live
Followers
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(65)
-
▼
October
(18)
- Question
- Blue Light Special
- Video...
- Baby's got rythm
- Oh baby
- PICS!
- We are HOME!!!!!
- I apologize for not posting many pics. Our interne...
- Soooo....like I said, we are at the hotel with Geo...
- He is OUT!!!!
- He remembered.
- Oh YAY!!!!
- Some more photos
- We have our work cut out for us
- Sunday Morning and another victim.....
- Some questions for veteran DS moms
- Much fun.
- Homesick
-
▼
October
(18)

10 comments:
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I hope everything else from here on out is much better and you can get home soon.
I am so sorry, I never once met someone so cruel about either one of our daughters, Meghan or Kara. We did get bad looks in Estonia with Amanda though. Poor man was obviously a mean person to begin with. I feel so badly for Georgie, he knew what the man was saying.
:o(
We are praying you are home quickly, there does come a time when being different is just no longer comfortable in a foreign place.
Why did you cover your heads? What kind of church was it?
My heart is breaking for you! I hope you get to come home soon. And, I hope Georgie eventually realizes how very much he is wanted by you!
I am so sorry, Anna. I do so understand that 'ready to be home' feeling. And I know kids in the apartment are difficult. Just remember you are almost at the end of the process. Keep hanging on.
Prayers, Joy
It was an Orthodox church. Women wear head coverings out of reverence. Both Hannah and I wore a skirt also, so I know it wasn't an issue with what we were wearing.
We are keeping pretty low key day here today, Hannah is not feeling too well. It is pretty out and in the hotel room next to us an American family moved in. The Dad works for the Embassy in Kiev . They are here for a wedding. It is nice to hear English!
I am so sorry you had to experience such an awful encounter.
Thank God Georgie is on his way out of there and will spend his life with his family that loves and adores him.:) Praying for you all that you'll be some home soon.
Amy
wat een vreselijke vent zeg! jemig hoop zo dat het een beetje over georgies hoofdje is heen gegaan en dat ie het toch niet zogoed begrepen heeft hopelijk ofzo?
wish we could meet.....
liefs Nijk
(die collecte in de kerk heef aangevraagd voor Reece's rainbow.)
Praying you get home soon! That waiting for the passport is hard, when all you want to do is hand deliver it yourself and just get on a plane to go home and back to your family.....you are about there! Take care,
Mandy
I am sorry for the ugliness that you had to endure. It is sad that people just can't see the beauty that we know is there in our children- or even if they don't can't just leave you alone. I hope you are able to get home quickly!
Kayla
Post a Comment