Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Safe in Ukraine!

We have made it safely to Ukraine! The apartment is very nice, we are showered and wide awake (jet lag is not your friend) and Hannah can't wait until Mc Donalds is open.

Will post some pics as soon as Isaac figures out how to upload them to this eeepc.

Things overheard at my credit union before we took off for the airport:

Cindy:" This is proof that God is a man. Only a man can shave and look 20 years younger instantly. All I get when I shave is clean pits. It's not fair!" We got a good laugh outta that one. I guess Isaac looks much younger without his beard!

While wandering various airports I observed that my husband's coat had a looooong dangling rope coming from the bottom of his coat that I kept stepping on. Add to that his Swiss Gear backpack that has these insanely long things hanging off the back straps also (supposedly to adjust them), and after about the 5th time of tripping over a bunch of different things coming from his attire I informed him in my frustration that he had:"too many dangly bits".

Oops.

We were standing in line in Munich, waiting to board our flight to Kiev, having a huge giggle fit. Really, someone smack me. Tired mommies on international flights should not say the first thing that comes to mind. Odds are it will sound waaay better in your head than when it rolls off your tongue. I am living proof of that, obviously.

I sat next to a Dutch business man on the way to Kiev, so I got to speak Dutch for an hour or so which was pretty awesome. He gave me his Dutch newspaper so I can read that one over the next few days. Haven't read anything Dutch in ages.

Well....I am going to hunt through my bags for a breakfast bar of some sort while my 6 year old daughter watches Ukrainian cartoons.

8 comments:

Arizona mom to eight said...

So glad you are there safely, speaking Dutch? Wow, that is pretty neat, can you speak Russian too?

Flush said...

Oh how I wish I could speak Russian. I wish I wish I wish I wish. That would have likely helped me decide which package at the mini mart was butter LOL!!!!

Flush said...

By the way, is your blog private now? If so,can I get an invite? calidutchtreat@yahoo.com or wietskeswish@gmail.com are both emails I check. I miss reading about your girl!

Amanda Jones said...

Glad you made it. "Too many dangly bits" Ha Ha ... tired mommies really do say some interesting things. :)

That is really cool that you got to speak and read Dutch along the way!

Amanda (RR)

Mamapierce said...

Hilarious! When did you learn dutch? How many languages can you speak?

marjerkroost said...

hey sis,
crocs with you i see?
Good for you haha!
G . is such a cuty!!!!

liefs Nijk

Flush said...

Jill, I was born and raised in Holland. English is actually my 2nd language. I speak fluent Dutch and English, I understand and read German quite well and speak and read enough French to survive.

Flush said...

HEY!!!! Nijkie!!!Yeah crocs in the bag but useless, as it is raining.

Lekker nat hier dus. :) Hoe gaat het? Knuffels voor de kinderen!

In nije dei, live

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed