Friday, September 19, 2008

SDA went very well

We had our SDA appointment. It was short and sweet. We showed the usual photos of the house, kids at home etc. I had also brought two larger photos of the two older boys on the Autism Awareness motorcycle at Laguna Seca. Those pics were apparently a huge hit.

We saw G.'s baby picture. Very cute but a bit sad to see too. It packs so much emotion. This very tiny person wrapped in a blanket, already abandoned with no one in the world who cared for him. They allowed me to take a snapshot of his baby pic (Thanks Andrea for letting me know I could ask for that!).

We waited in the car and then Yulia dropped us off at a coffee shop while they waited for the papers. The rule is, you get your referral the day after your appointment. We got very lucky, they gave us the paperwork the same day!

I forgot to mention the ride to the SDA. We ended up stuck in this huge traffic jam. Imagine a narrow street, and what amounts to a pileup of cars. Not nicely lined up in a row...nope. A honking mess of cars at all angles. We sat there. And sat there.

And sat there.

Ten minutes go by.

No movement.

Time on the dashboard: 2:57

The driver is on his phone talking to someone. Yulia calls the SDA. I am looking at this mess of cars and wonder how and who will move first and how much metal will get crunched in the process. I wonder how much patience the SDA people will have. We are running late now. Finally I pray:" God, please move in a might way.."

No sooner did I utter the word"way" or all the cars suddenly...moved! I swear, that was what the parting of the Red Sea must have looked like to the Israelites. It was like a giant hand just shoved the whole bunch forward.

Ask and you SHALL receive! God is good!

We are leaving Monday . To meet our little man!!!

3 comments:

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am glad your SDA appointment was uneventful and what a blessing to have a snapshot of his baby picture, i did not even think to ask, i wish I had.

Julie said...

So gald the appointment went well! What a way to show "ask and ye shall receive"!!! Amazing

Chantelle said...

What a blessing! I'm so excited for you. (hug)

In nije dei, live

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed